Friday, March 19, 2010

Miniature Challenge

ere is my miniature quilt I finished last week but could not post.  The pinwheel blocks are made from leftovers from the "Love is..." border.  The quilt measures 16" x 20".  The quilt actually tied for 3rd place with 2 other quilts.  I was so happy that my little piece of work paid off.  To quilt it, I first stitched in the ditch to stabilize it.  Then, I used my embroidery machine to quilt little hearts in strategic areas.  I have a little free motion quilting in the last border to help keep it flat.  I love my little "Valentine Miniature".


Here is a collage of all the challenge quilts.  Click the photo to enlarge it.  The 2nd quilt in the 2nd row won 1st place and was made by Debby Hughey.  Go girl!
--------------------------
Type-u-later,
Tea in MO
http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.