Sunday, August 21, 2016

Tri Recs Ruler: How to Make, Cut, and Sew - Optional Ideas for Use

My new video this week details the Tri-Recs tool. I love the one by EZ. Watch until the end for other uses with these tools. Enjoy your Sunday quilters.


Sunday, August 14, 2016

Excel: Works In Progress List

The video this weeks shows how I track my works in progress; I always know what status they are in when I choose to work on them again.  If you like to know to to make this sheet from scratch, leave comment on the video.  If I get enough interest, I'll do a live workshop.


Sunday, August 7, 2016

How to Make and Apply a Quilt Hanging Sleeve by Machine

In this week's video I show how to make and apply a hanging sleeve by machine.  There is optional hand sewing along the sides.  I hope you enjoy the video.


Sunday, July 31, 2016

Stashbuster: Take 5 Sashed

New video; Take 5 Sashed.  Note, I forgot to change my blue title within the video.


Thursday, July 28, 2016

Sunday, July 24, 2016

How to Make Scrappy Binding and Apply By Machine


Sunday, July 17, 2016

Accuquilt Studio: Cutting Fabric Scraps Into Squares With A Strip Die

We all have lots of scraps that seems to never get used!  My new video this week shows how to cut fabric scraps into squares using a die cutter.  While you're there, like the video and subscribe to my channel.


Thursday, July 14, 2016

Six 2016 Finishes

As I'm uploading, I'm checking my projects list and see that I'm missing photos of four quilts that I gave away.  I'm hoping that I come across something on a flash drive so I can document my work.

I still had the following items in my possession, so here is another show-n-tell!  First up is Disappearing Nine Patch that was pieced by Drew Benage.  Drew was downsizing so I quilted this one to keep for my lectures, donating the one that I was using.  Drew's quilt was much prettier and I love the yellow silk accent fabric.

Stacks was a free pattern I found and pieced years ago.  It was in my to-be-quilted pile.  I used leftover bindings for this project, even using them in the binding; scrappy quilt with scrappy binding.

I made two Modified Bento Box quilt tops years ago and just got them quilted this year.  The first one is made from scraps and set with thin sashing and corner stones.

The second Modified Bento Box quilt is made with batik scraps.

This one is a very old WIP of a Chevron quilt.

I made this Rag Wreath and love the outcome.  You can use some of your ugly fabrics for this one!  I added the bow as I felt the ties made the wreath more dramatic.

I hope you enjoyed the projects.  Next up are my current WIPs.
-------------------------- Type-u-later,

2016 Finishes - 8 of them - More to Come

Treasure Hunt was made for line dancing friends residing in Indianapolis for their wedding in May.  I made the center panel with some leftover flying geese from a previous quilt to make the stars.  Afterwards, I added a mix of borders to get the quilt to an appropriate size.  I had fun reminiscing over past projects as I used my scraps to make this quilt.

 BP Express:  Bowling Hall of Famer is a quilt I made for my husband who is listed in the national bowling hall of fame for his many accomplishments.  I quilted this quilt with a panto called Bowling Fun.  It was a challenge.  See the close up photo.  I also have a video review of this panto.

Gypsy Conversion (The Gypsy's Wife) is now completed!  I love the entire process and how colorful the quilt is.  Again, I adapted this quilt with my orphan blocks instead of piecing the blocks as indicated in the original pattern.  I have included some close up photos of  some of the quilting.

This Streak of Lightening quilt is a UFO top that I never got around to quilting.  Now that I have my own longarm quilting machine, I will be finishing a lot of the tops on my projects list.  This one was made the old fashion, time consuming way by adding HSTs to opposite sides of a square.

Asian influence was a great design to use some Asian charm packs in my collection.

Batiks Modified Bento Boxes used some of my scrappy batik fabrics.  I love the colors in this quilt.

One of the most underutilized quilting tools in the market is the X-Block Ruler.  This variation is Ribbon Star.  Instead of making 9-patches, I used 3 rectangles.

 Another X-Block quilt I call Animal Kingdom.  I love finding ways to use the pieces in the border that are trimmed when making the center blocks.

I have a few more finishes that need photos.  I fear I gave away some charity quilts that I forgot to photograph.  I'll have to look at all my media storage devices to be sure.

-------------------------- Type-u-later,

2016 Finishes Challenge Quilts

I participated in two quilt challenges that I can now share the results.

The first was for my small guild of five members.  The challenge was to make a modern quilt with only two fabrics.  The fabrics could be multi-colored or solids.  Out of character, I chose to make a quilt with two solid fabrics.  I call this one Modern Hexies and I won 1st place in the challenge.  I also entered this quilt into my large quilting guild challenge which was to make a hexagon quilt.  It won first place in best longarm machine quilting category.

Honycomb Quads was my main entry into my large quilting guild challenge, make a quilt which feature the hexagon.  I made this quilt similar to the stack-n-whack setting but used strings instead of repeat fabric segments.  I also cut the hexagon into four rings and strip pieced my star points.  The quilt won two ribbons:  2nd place in bed-size category and 3rd place for best longarm machine quilting category.

-------------------------- Type-u-later,