I did manage to quilt for a hour or so on Friday evening and completed the border units needed for my Star Burst quilt. Next I need to make a decision for the spacer border. I have pulled a few fabrics from my stash and hopefully one of them will work.
Saturday was my Scrap Quilting Club meeting. We are working on string, crumb and/or mile-a-minute quilts this month. I started my string blocks but will not post a picture until next month's meeting. I have lots of show and tell that I'll post later this week when I get the photos edited. Here is a picture of my Pineapple Nine Patch quilt in progress. We are working on completing unit 2. This quilt is really getting exciting now as we have another simple unit to complete then we can starting piecing the units into blocks.
As I was working on the other projects, I got another Mountain Top block completed. I seem to use a lot of blue in my bindings and that color was taking over the blocks. So, I decided to make one block that's color controlled. I still need to trim it but I think I like it and will make a few more to balance out the quilt. This block is not as accurate either as I was tried sewing without pins at the intersections. These pieces are so tiny that the pins causes big lumps making it difficult to sew. I will go back to the pins as the blocks line up much better.
And while I'm here, I might as well show the completed Loving My ABC's quilt for documentation. I just need to hand sew the binding and this made a great project to take to work for entertainment during my lunch hour.
Tea in MO