I worked most of this week on my Pineapple Nine Patch quilt along. We need to make over 150 tri recs units. I got them completed. Since I met with a group Friday night and needed a quick project to take with me, I continue cutting on the next two steps. I sewed a few of the upcoming steps so I could see how the design would look.
Then, I started putting away supplies around the house as I host Labor Day for my family and friends. Over 6 months ago, I cut three fat quarters to make HSTs with an accent strip using Sharon Schamber's method. My mistake was that I cut 1.5" strips for 1" finished HSTs, not thinking how tiny that would be with an accent strip. So, after sewing just a few, I quickly lost interest. Had I cut them at least 2.5" it would have been doable. I like the end result though and will try the method when I actually have a project in mind. I wanted to get these strips off my storage room floor so I sewed them together. I have lost some of the strips since I cut them and this is what I ended up with. I'll store these and make HSTs if needed for a future project. Or, maybe I'll cut them into strips and use them in a quilt border; or maybe cut some designs from one of my Go! Cutter dies. Well see...
To view more design walls, go to Patchwork Times.
Tea in MO