Friday, March 5, 2010

Denver Log Cabin Finish

This Denver Log Cabin quilt was started in April 2006.  It has taken me almost 4 years to get it quilted.  I have about 30 quilt tops ready for quilting.  I decided that it was okay to seek professional help.  The top was quilted by Sandy Etheridge.  She did a wonderful job with pink feathers in the pink areas and blue feathers in the blue areas.  Now, I would not have been able to do that.  I'm so happy with the quilt.  I picked it up Wednesday during lunch and I just finished sewing the binding during lunch today.  Now, if I can get back the other 5 quilts I have out seeking professional help.  I'm trying to get some new quilts for three lectures this and next month.
Here is a close-up of the quilting.  She matched the thread so closely that it's hard to see.  She used blue and pink varigated threads.

--------------------------
Type-u-later,
Tea in MO
http://www.teaquilts.com

3 comments:

  1. Wow Tea what a stunning quilt and that quilting using the varigated thread is a stroke of genius...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I LOVE it! - that's what I think - you have a delicious sense of color! 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! Congrats on the finish!
    So glad you sought professional help!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.