Monday, March 15, 2010

Design Wall Monday

I had a full week.  My mom had a birthday and we planned a large family dinner out on Tuesday.  Then I prepped for my quilt guild that rotates meetings in our homes.  It was my turn which meant cleaning up and cooking.  I even tidied my studio!  It's amazing what having company can do to motivate you to do something your have been ignoring.  I did finished sewing the blocks for the Trip Around the Scrap Basket class I taught at retreat in February.  And, I finished the "Love is..." quilt which is the only photo I have this week.

In addition to above tasks, I've been working on a presentation I'm giving this Thursday at the guild.  The topic is using the computers in our quiltmaking which will explore internet usage, organizing personal files, photos in quilts, creating lists in Excel and Access, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.  This should prove most interesting.  I'm sure some will be overwhelmed and those using the computers daily will want more.  I had to gear it to the beginner/immediated level of computer user as a lot of guild members do not use computers or are not online...yet.  I hope to convert a few with the benefits of the quiltmaking using computers.

For more design walls, visit Judy's site.
--------------------------
Type-u-later,
Tea in MO
http://www.teaquilts.com

5 comments:

  1. The Love is quilt looks great and I love the border.
    Good luck with the computer class with your guild....I can't imagine not using my computer but I do realize how scary it is for beginners....my mom now has her own computer (because I insisted). She's 76 years old and the computer to her is like another world experience.....LOL....but she's hanging in there and learning day by day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the look of the quilt. Love the pattern and of course the sweet words.

    kathie L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hearts and their sweet sentiments make this a great quilt, but the border makes it incredible.

    I wish I could come and take your class. Even though I'm on my computer daily, there's tons I could learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! Your lecture sounds like it will be very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a "sweetheart" of a quilt! Love it. I would also love to hear your presentation on technology and quilting. I know there must be so much information out there if you just a clue what to look for. Enjoy having all the quilters in your home. Thanks for sharing the joy.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.