Monday, March 8, 2010

Design Wall Monday

I have had a busy week.  My husband FINALLY got a job after being unemployed 15 of the last 18 months!  Exciting but it also rearranged my week.  His car has needed servicing but since he wasn't working, it wasn't a priority.  So, when he got the job I had to take and pick him up from work.  I had to get up at 4:30 a.m. each day, arriving home at 6 pm each evening (also picked up my daughter from work.)  I was so tired that I was falling asleep from 6:30-10:00 each night.  Awake from 10pm-1am and starting the process all over again.  I HATED it.  I decided to take today off from work and had his car towed in for service.  I'm praying they get it running today so my normal week can resume tomorrow.

I did finish my Denver Log Cabin quilt.  I made a separate post for it last week.  In addition, I finished a miniature challenge quilt which I can't show until later in the month.  So sorry...

What I am working on is organizing my scrap quilting club.  I'm making quilt tops (from fabric donated to me) for charity as I make class samples.  I made enough 4-patches for 2 quilt tops I'll be using for the first meeting as demos.

Also for the Scrap Quilting Club's next month project, I'm working on this class sample that will be manipulated a bit.

In the process of quilting on other projects, I made one more Mountain Top Block; now have 5.

I'm also quilting the border on the Love is... quilt.  I need to have it completed by next Thursday for a lecture.  Want to see more design walls, go to Judy's site.  Don't forget to get a drink because you will be there a while.
--------------------------
Type-u-later,
Tea in MO
http://www.teaquilts.com

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job--hooray! I really, really like the Mountain Top blocks -- awesome! I took at peek at your website; you do beautiful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your schedule will be more your own soon. Love all the quilts.

    Kathie L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mountain top blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful mountain blocks......as for the car situation....I feel your pain. When my husband and I shared one car, I was driving about 3 hours a day just to deliver him to his job get me to mine then reverse the process......I remember falling asleep in the car while waiting in his parking lot....not s safe thing to do but I was so tired I just didn't care....
    Take care and hope the care situation works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool blocks with all the HST's!
    Great news that DH got a new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilt pict are wonderful as always, but the best is your husband's new job-I'm so happy for him/you. I hope a new stress-less time is in store for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.