Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks: Blocks 19 and 20

It took me a little longer to get my blocks completed this week.  I've been so busy and spent a lot of time away from home.  I have four more meetings planned for the next four days.

19 - Snow Happy Home
Block 115 on page 29
by Monica Solorio-Snow
Happy Zombie
 14 pieces

This is the fourth block with a winter theme.  I really like the whimsical aspect of this block.  The hearts, instead of smoking exiting the chimney, are so cute.  I used reverse applique for my "curtain" fabrics.  I found the perfect heart button for the door window too.  I haven't sewed the buttons on yet; will do so after the project is quilted.  See last photo of the four winter blocks.

20 - Versailles
Block 121 on page 32
by Chloe Anderson and Colleen Reale
Toadusew
41 pieces

I wanted to play with color technique on this block.  The picture doesn't do the block justice, but it is gorgeous.  I love the design and wish I had time to make an entire quilt with this block and fabrics.  To save fabric when piecing the angles, I cut rectangles 1" larger than foundation pieced pattern and then cut it diagonally.



I'm thinking I will make these four blocks into a wall hanging.  Not sure how I want to do that yet but I'll think about it for a while.


Thank you for stopping by.  I added two more blogs in the last week that are participating in the challenge.  For a list of all blogs, look on the left hand column for links.  However, if you would please visit Ellen and Karen, I'd really appreciate it.


--------------------------
Type-u-later,

http://www.teaquilts.com

2 comments:

  1. You blocks are looking great! That looks like it would be a good wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks do look great and will make a cute wallhanging. I also really like the Versailles block.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.