Sunday, January 2, 2011

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks: Blocks 15 and 16

After making a list for this month, I made my blocks for this week.  The blocks are a little more time consuming than in the past.  In the magazine, there are a lot of blocks that are all applique or a mixture of applique with some sort of piecing, be it traditional piecing or foundation piecing.  So each week you will have some applique work.  If you want to prep all your applique blocks, use the list below.  You may want to make templates (if needed) for all the blocks you will make this month from the pattern sheets then you don't have to keep using them over and over during the month.

15 - Sparkles Snow Globe
Block #131 on page 37
Mary Jane Carey
Holly Hill Quilt Designs and The Christmas Shoppe
http://www.oldstnick.net/
31 pieces

I'm going to start making blocks with a winter theme so that I'll have a small wall hanging, table topper or pillows to use next year.  My applique is leaning a little but I like my block anyway and enjoyed making it.  I didn't have baby rick rack but used what I had at home to get rid of some in my stash.

16 - Sunset Fiesta
Block #179 on page 61
Judy Laquidara
Patchwork Times
http://www.patchworktimes.com/

Judy has an informative blog that's filled with patterns, recipes, knitting tips, canning, and a whole lot of other things under the sun.  This is one of my favorite blogs and so I thought I'd start the first week of the year by making her block.  I love how she designs and enjoyed piecing the block.  I added some prints into it just to see how it would look.  This block would be great inspiration for a bed size quilt.

I thought to make the list a graphic so that you can easily print the list for working purposes.  Have a great month working on the blocks.
--------------------------
Type-u-later,

http://www.teaquilts.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the list for the month. It makes it easier, if we want to work ahead. (Yeah, right..... as if that's gonna happen. LOL) Your blocks look great. I was looking at the snow globe one earlier today, wondering when it was going to come up.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.