I had a long, busy, and productive week. I had a few meetings and events to attend in addition to my sewing projects. My quilting week started with me loading my Crystal Stars (Cathedral Stars) on Karen's long arm machine. We had a few problems with Shirley Stitcher (auto sewing program). I was able to get about half of it quilted before I had to leave. Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish the quilting during the week.
I worked on the 100 Blocks and drunkard's path block for the week. I just need to make this weeks DP block to be caught up. These blocks have separate posts if you want more information about them.
Next up was basting a quilt top to quilt on my domestic sewing machine. I selected Noveau Riche. It took two sittings to get it done and I have the binding made. This week I hope to make a label and sew on the binding. I'm just excited to get it quilted.
My scrap quilting club meet on Saturday. I have a separate post for this topic too. If you want to know where to get the pattern (Awesome Lap Quilt) and see other quilts in other fabric choices, click here. I decided on Sunday that I did not like how the pattern design instructed users to square up the ends as opposed to having the pieces cut to size. If I cut off the ends, my outer blocks would not be the same width as those on the inside of the rows. Sooooooooo...I'm taking the rows apart to add a strip on each end of the rows. I then trimmed the rows to the same size. I like this much better. I have half of it completed and will also work on this project during the week. You may have to see the large picture to see the difference in the top and bottom halves.
That was enough for me this week! I'm glad I accomplished a lot but now I need a small break. To see more design walls, go visit Judy at Patchwork Times.