Monday, September 30, 2013

Quilt Show Write Up

I had a wonderful time being featured quilter at my guild's quilt show this weekend.  Here are pictures of my booth.






One of my bed size quilts won 3rd place.  Yeah for my Shakespeare in the Park quilt. Thanks Sarah Cohen Brandt for quilting a masterpiece.  You also won a ribbon!


Click for my final video on the Mariner's Quilt. I even got to drive it on the parking lot. The quilt was definitely a conversation piece. It built so much excitement that by the time the show patrons approached the entrance, they were really excited to have come to the show.

I want to thank Judy Kooi the the panel on the back of the vehicle; Debra Hamman for allowing me to use her long arm machine to quilt the gigantic panels; and last but not forgotten, my late friend Karen Harrison for motivating me to get this project completed.

FYI - During the first 2-3 hours the patrons didn't know they could vote for the car quilt. I was pleasantly surprised when the project won 2nd place in the Miscellaneous category. Thanks everyone!

-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tea! Mary Ellen told me about the huge variety of quilts you've made, but I am still amazed to see it for myself. And the car was a wonderful project. I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for both of your well deserved awards! Although the timing was not best for me, I'm so glad that I came to see you and all of the beautiful quilts. Also, I took your advice on getting my quilt appraised and I can't thank you enough for that. I admire you and your work more than you'll ever know, YOU inspired me to keep on FMQing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Your booth was wonderful! The whole show was nicely done and you have some of the nicest guild members.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.