Sunday, October 6, 2013

Facebook and Quilt Sampler Store Review

Hi everyone!  I want everyone to know that I now have a Facebook page called Teaquilts.  Please click on the following link and like my page to become a member.  It's a much faster way to communicate, without having to post to a particular page on the blog.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/Teaquilts/

In July I drove to Joplin, MO and made an impromptu stop in Springfield, MO to visit the Quilt Sampler store.  By my wishing this store was closer to the St. Louis Metropolitan area, you should already know my opinion.  Apparently I missed a weekend sidewalk sale where I could have purchased a LOT of items at great discounted prices.  However, I did shop their clearance area and they had many, many bolts of batiks at $7.99 per yard and regular quilt cottons at $6.99 per yard (they could have had some cheaper, but I don't remember or maybe I didn't like the cheaper per yard fabrics).  My "no buy" plan went out the door with a previous customer!  I don't think I've ever seen a larger display of sale fabrics that were things I absolutely had wanted to purchase.  These were excellent quality fabrics that they needed to sale to make room for new bolts.  Let's say my little road stop turned into a 1.5 hour visit!

This is the entrance, with the checkout to the left.  The first thing I noticed was that the store was very bright!  They are renting two store fronts so the area is nice and roomy.  When I enter quilt shops, I'm most impressed by lighting.  That way I know exactly what I'm purchasing, getting the shade, tint and/or hue of fabric that I need.  I just stood here a minute to contain the excitement as I looked around the store.

Here are a few pictures of the displays.  They had all kind of quilts/projects hanging from ceiling.  They had many, many bolts of fabrics that I didn't get photos of.  Their range of fabrics is suitable for country, modern, traditional, 30's and the batik wall (yes, wall) was to die for.


Then to my right I spotted the machine embroidery supplies and I ran over there first!  I searched the wall for designs and looked at all the display items.  Let's just say I spent quite a bit of money in this section.  I purchased two Sarah Vedeler designs and some other items as well.

Looking at the display reminded me that I had that scenic tree quilt on the left.  Now, I want to make that too.

This feathered star design was beautiful but I couldn't purchase because it wasn't in stock.

Now you know any time you are on the road and you've spent considerable time in an establishment, you will need to use the restroom.  This is the mural that is painted on the wall.  They look so real.  I had to pause and inspect that as well.

Ladies, bathrooms are important to us.  I don't expect a lot but I do want it to be clean.  This one was definitely clean, but it was probably the largest bathroom I've seen in a quilt store.  It was also handicap accessible and everything worked! LOL

 I do insist that if you are in the Springfield area that you stop by the Quilt Sampler.  All the staff were attentive and very friendly.  They answered questions, pointed me in the right direction and gave me advice if their store didn't have it or couldn't supply it.  It is definitely work a look.  Two thumbs up!

 -------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review. I live way to close to the store (30miles) and I spend a lot of money here. The staff is always friendly and helpful! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.