I have been working on new projects, rounds robins, and even completing some works in progress. In addition, I probably have some scrap club photos as well. I will be posting a series of posts this week to (hopefully) get caught up. We'll see how this goes. :0) You don't want to miss tomorrow's upload on one of my works in progress I hope to have finished by the end of the month.
First up are two round robin quilts that I worked on.
The first one belongs to my friend Norma. She used a center block made my newest angel in heaven, Karen. When I got the top, I felt like the theme had changed from the original feel of the fabrics. I had scraps left over from the frolic line so I used those as they matched very well with the center fabrics. The quilt was getting a little busy so i just added 3" finished squares all around.
The new round robin quilt I worked on belongs to my friend Sarah. I used my embroidery machine to embroider two different flower blocks. The designs are by Sarah Vedeler; the blocks themselves are part of Quiltmaker Magazine's project in the July/August 2013 edition called "Fantasy Flowers". I ran out of fabric and had to piece a few blocks but I was determined not to add a different fabric.http://www.teaquilts.com