Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Some 2013 Finishes

Here are a few finishes this year; proof that I'm still quilting. LOL

The "T Quilt" is a guild challenge quilt.  The main rules were to make a quilt with blocks that begin with the initial of your first or last name.  Now, anyone that knows me knows that if I make any sort of quilt about "me", it will reek of me!  I had been working on the Trailing Geese units and had them in my works in progress storage for years.  I pulled some of the units out and made a letter T with them.  In addition, I made Tumbling Blocks; I had cut 45 degree diamonds left over from a previous project so I had a great start there too.  I then pulled 3.5" Tumbler units I'd already cut on my GO! cutter.  I made all of these things go into one quilt.  I won 2nd place for most creative use of blocks.

I had help finishing the Pineapple Nine Patch quilt.  It will hang in the quilt show so I went to one of my favorite long arm quilters, Sarah Cohen.  She used orange thread and the quilting is fabulous! This pattern is designed by Cathy Wierzbicki from book Geometric Gems. This link is not necessarily the cheapest price, but you can see all the designs in the book. I saw cheaper prices at online stores:  Barns & Nobel, Target, and WalMart.

I also had Sarah Cohen quilt the Shakespeare in the Park quilt too.  This one took so many years to complete to end up with mediocre quilting.  I used three colorways instead of two and that almost burst my brain to keep all my pieces straight.  I did have to use the seam ripper a couple of times on this one.  I'm glad it's finally done and love everything about this quilt. This design is by Judy Martin and on Sunday the book with this pattern was $9.95.  You can purchase by clicking this line.

I know I haven't listed all the finishes but I must not have taken photos.  More to come later...
-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

1 comment:

  1. WOW. Three fantastic finishes. Your T-quilt is amazing and clever. Congratulations on placing. The pineapple nine patch looks complicated and the last quilt, Shakespeare...wow! Love the movement, the colors, the design!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.