Monday, September 16, 2013

Design Wall Monday - Quilt Show

Another amazing occurrence in my life is that I was selected as "feature quilter" for my quilt guild's 2013 quilt show at the end of the month (my publicity photo). It is such an honor to be chosen. At the same time, it's also scary.  I've been working on projects to enter the show and pulling quilts from storage I want to display in my booth .

I've been kind of keeping some projects secret in the event I didn't get them completed.  The main secret was that I plan to display a quilt on my SUV (weather permitting).  I feel confident that I can get the pieces connected enough to display by the end of the month.  However, I may not get a chance to add the netting for the windows to make it hang without sagging.  Pray for me and send vibes of success my way as I'm going to need it.

I have a very LARGE design wall. I have uploaded a video of part of the cover on the car.  I will keep you updated so please come back to see the finished project.  I have no clue what I'm doing; I'm planning as I go.  If you have suggestions, I'll gladly consider them.

For local quilters, here is a flyer about the show; I'd love to see you in person and talk to you about quilting (and anything else) :0).


-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! How many quilts do you need to have for the show? Good luck with the exterior auto upholstery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your feature! Such an honor! Love what you're doing with SUV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed!!! You have so many pieces to your SUV "quilt" - LOVE IT and I'm sending good vibes for your continued success!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! I'm sending prayers, warm thoughts and loads of encouragement your way.
    Your SUV quilt is impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teajuana,

    Congrats! I look forward to seeing you and your quilts at your upcoming show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know what to do with all my extra blocks! Congratulations on being featured in the show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Your guild picked a winner to feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome that your guild picked you to be feature quilter!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! That is a very high honor to be appreciated by your peers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love your car quilt. I couldn't help but think how much fun it would be to "tuck it in" each night under it's own quilt. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being the featured quilter of our quilt show! It is a much deserved honor. Your quilts are amazing and I can't wait to see them displayed all together at the show. Oh, and the one for your vehicle is going to be outstanding! Best wishes for a fantastic finish.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.