Monday, February 22, 2010

Design Wall Monday

I taught a class at a retrat this weekend so I have a lot to report.  First, I made this colorwash quilt/table topper.  I was a secret quilter to our guild's president who likes botanical fabrics.  I named the quilt "I Like Botanicals" just like she wrote on her hint sheet we completed prior to drawing names.

Also, I made a self-portrait in a guild challenge that was held Thursday.  If you missed the post I uploaded Friday check it out here.  I uploaded all the entries.

Friday night we made tote bags.  A long arm quilter in our group prequilted the guild's logo onto Kona muslin for every participant.  She quilted front, back, and handles.  This was in commeration of our guild celebrating 25 years.
Then Friday night I finished piecing rail fence blocks I worked on last week.  Cut the quilt in two places and now it's on point.  I forgot to take the border fabric so this is as far as I got.
Saturday I began teaching the weekend project.  I posted my finished quilt of Trip Around the Scrap Basket in a previous post.  Here is just one setting we discussed this weekend in this photo.  If you'd like to see all the quilt tops/settings used, let me know and I'll make a separate post.  There were some beautiful quilts made over the weekend.
 I worked on this little star quilt.  It's part of a pattern I teach and am expanding the pattern.  I still need to add borders.  Most of the retreat participants thought I'd lost my mind.


I pieced some more Double Hour Glass blocks at the retreat as well.  I still need 12 or 14 more blocks.

And as I was working, I made one Mountain Top block.  I'm using left over binding triangles sewed to muslin.  The HSTs are squared to 1" finished size.  With this reveal the group decided that I'm definitely crazy.

 I had a very productive week even though I had to prep and teach at the retreat.  After I get more sleep today, I'll be back to see what the rest of you did.  To see more design walls, go here.
--------------------------
Type-u-later,
Tea in MO

6 comments:

  1. Love love love that little star quilt! Your scrappy stuff just sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Beautiful. This is true eye candy!! Thanks for sharing what you did. I am going to have come back and check out all this again!!!! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee, I don't know why you didn't get anything done! You are amazing! Can't wait to take your workshop in April, especially after seeing your Exploding Star piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mountain Top block!!! Oh to allow myself to sit still long enough to work on quilt projects! Soon and VERY soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing all your works --the little star block is just lovely and I think I will concur with your quilting friends 1" hst-yes crazy nuts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great retreat with teaching and getting to sew. I love your work and the quilt you made for your guild president is beautiful!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.