Monday, January 11, 2010

Design Wall Monday

I've been really busy this week.  I finished two quilts.  If you'd like to see them go here

I saw the Mountain Top on another Design Wall Monday blog and decided to make a block myself so  that's on my design wall.  I'm using scrap muslin as the background and the left over pieces from sewing bindings together.  I've been looking for something that uses half square triangles and this is it.  I LOVE this block.

In additon, I started the Crazy About Hearts and Stars by Buggy Barn.  The pattern has 20 blocks but I'm making mine with 25 blocks.  But because of how I wanted my fabrics placed, I'm actually making 27 blocks; two will become pillows.  I started out making one block at a time.  After the fourth block I'd had enough.  I chain pieced the next six.  It worked so well that I then chain pieced the remaining 17 blocks.  I have two more seams to sew to complete the blocks.  I tend to get the blocks pieced pretty fast but then stop at the borders, so my goal now is to finish the blocks, determine a border to get the quilt to queen size and then make back and binding. We'll see...


--------------------------
Type-u-later,
Tea in MO
http://www.teaquilts.com

6 comments:

  1. Love your Trip Around the Scrap Basket. It caught my eye since I am wanting to do some scrap quilts this year. Also, the Buggy Barn Crazy About Hearts and Stars is wonderful. Love the look you are giving to it. Great work!!
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful quilt the Crazy About Hearts & Stars. I hadn't heard of it before. I really like your color choices. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blocks are so pretty! So, that is another pattern on my list of to-dos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen this heart & stars block - love it! Used to have similar issues with borders, but now I just want to have a finished piece of art in my hands, borders and all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time visiting you and I like what your doing!! this blk, the 'crazy 'bout hearts and stars' is a great blk!! It looks like fun!!!

    Nice meeting you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first vist to your blog. I love your work and will be back. Happy Quilting

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.