Monday, January 21, 2013

Design Wall Monday 1/21/13

I'm back home from a line dancing in Cleveland, Ohio.  The theme was Jamaica   This is a photo me dancing at the workshop. I'm in the front row, left grey t-shirt with Bob Marley on it.

Here is my and my daughter at the evening main event. I wore a sarong in Jamaica colors.


I knew I wouldn't have much time to sew, but didn't want to miss an opportunity to sew some units I had already cut with my die cutter.These tumblers have been sitting for at least a year so I packed them up.  I have a stack of tumblers sewed into 4's and another stack sewed into 2's.  I have to decide how large I want this one to be.

Before leaving home, I cut 24 blocks using the Take 5 die and some polka dot fabrics I won in October. I used 8 of the 9 fabrics and cut three blocks from each color. Mixed them up as I sewed.  Not all blocks are shown here as I ran out of design wall.

I realized I worked on my trees but no photo is on the camera.  I'll show it some other time.  To see more design walls, visit Patchwork Times.

-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy, looks like you all had a great time.
    Love the scrappy quilt tops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dressed up and dancing, sounds like fun!

    Love your tumblers--I have a bunch cut out and plan to add plenty more.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.