Sorry this post starts with sad news but it will pick up with my progress later on. I attended a retreat last weekend, January 25-27, and really had a great time.
It's been two weeks since I posted and I do have a few projects that have moved along. We had an Asian inspired retreat and we had the option to make "Hu Hot Iron Caddy" This is a great pattern to make an iron caddy that doubles as an ironing surface as well. See that cord pocket on the outside; you can pack up and take the iron home while it's still hot.
Then I worked on a modified week whacker pattern. The top is pieced but I need to work on the border at some point. For this one, I used blue, green and red scraps. I have fabrics that have been in my stash from 1995. They never go away!
For Superbowl Sunday I started out cleaning my studio. I haven't been able to sew in there for months. After getting about 75% complete, I decided to reward myself and sew some stack blocks as they were already cut. I have 21 blocks here. I may make about 40 of them so I need to cut down some 2.5" strips to continue. I did piece some of the bricks to get rid of smaller scraps too.
Also in the photo above on Sunday, I sewed more tumbler units. I'd previously sewed together 39 4-unit sections. I laid them out as in photo below and realized I needed a few more with additional fabric choices. Funny how if you have a large area to lay out the blocks/units the quilt top wants go be larger (okay they talk to me. LOL) So today I cut out more fabrics so I could make some new selections. I now have 61 4-unit sections. I will save this project to work on Friday at my work group's craft night.
Please check Judy's site to see more design walls.