I've had a very busy week again, not all of it being filled with quilting. This was also the longest week at work. After the shortened weeks because of the Christmas holidays, working a full week was torture.
Quilt related, I spent a bit of time preparing for the Scrap Quilting Club meeting we had on Saturday. I am still working on testing/using my Accuquilt dies for the GO! and Studio cutters. I cut a lot of test fabrics and sewed a few test blocks and units.
First up is my windmill quilt top made with the chisel and HST die. I'm working on units for the border (see next photo). I wanted to make each windmill block from a different fabric. I already had most of them cut from a previous scrap busting session. I only need to cut three additional fabrics to make the blocks along with the background triangles.
While I was piecing the windmill blocks I chain pieced on the Take 5 die units and have 4 of the 9 blocks sewn together. I got side tracked and made the block in the center with the black & white square in the middle. I made this block 6" finished and cut down the width of two different chisels to 2.5", got another chisel to cut it into a square and HST from each fabric and made this block. Don't ask my why. I could have easily made 9" finished blocks and wouldn't have had to cut down the chisels. I'm still sewing chisels to use in the border for the windmill quilt but couldn't resist making a block on my design wall first. I actually have one side border on the quilt top. I still need to make about 40 more border units to finish. I've given up using only one fabric in the border as I wanted to use up the chisels already cut so I will have repeats in the border.
By the way, anyone want to come take my Christmas tree down so I can continue sewing. LOL To see more design walls, visit Patchwork Times.