Monday, April 5, 2010

Design Wall Monday

My week's goals kept changing as the days passed.  Then, on Friday it was decided that Easter dinner would be at my home.  That change completely reorganized my weekend into shopping and cooking the big meal.

I did finished Craps and Women of Influence this week.  You can click the titles to see them in their separate posts.  I have two more quilts needing binding sewn down by hand and another I pin basted in preparation for machine quilting. 

On my design wall is two (actually three) quilts I started.  The first photo is cuttings from 2 bento box tops that the Scrap Quilting Club is working on for April.  The participants have a choice of making blocks in all batiks or any scraps.  We will swap quarters at this month's meeting.

The second photo is the start of my "merry go round" quilt.  I just couldn't resist starting this.  I'm using precut strips in blue, red, white, gold yellow, and purples.  The jury is still out as to whether it will work or not.  I'm basically trying to get rid of the "old" fashion type strips in my collection.  I'll throw in a few new ones and a zinger or two to spice things up a bit.




















To see more design walls, go visit Patchwork Times.
--------------------------
Type-u-later,
Tea in MO
http://www.teaquilts.com

6 comments:

  1. I love the bento box pattern, I have made that myself before.

    kathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Merry Go Round quilt blocks! Definitely one on my list to make..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one busy lady. Love your Women of Influence. Everything about it is wonderful. Also love the Craps quilt. Great use of color. And even with Easter dinner preparations you started more great quilts. Good for you. You are amazing.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about doing a Bento quilt but haven't gotten up the nerve....I just need to jump in...right....LOL
    I love the colors you're using for your merry-go-round quilt.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the merry-go-round quilt--great concept! :) I can see where hearing your hosting Easter dinner, two days prior, would change your weekend plans! LOL! Have a happy week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the merry-go-round blocks! I must made a quilt or two like that to get it out of my system~~

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.