I got around to hand sewing the last side of the binding on the Block Party Sampler quilt. These blocks were in my "extra block can" (I keep large popcorn tins for storing them). I taught a class on how to make a sampler quilt when your blocks are various sizes. First I grabbed test blocks I made of my guild's optional block of the month. I have a lot of units included that are typically thrown in the trash, like leftover strips I made into 9-patches, HSTs from snowball type blocks that could have been in the trash, edges from trimming stack-n-whack blocks that I made into squares (before the 4-stacked posey pattern), prairie points, and various units that I made into blocks just because. The pieced border was made from things most quilters throw away. It was so much fun to make.
Here is a close of the quilting that was done by a professional long arm quilter, Sarah. The design is a free style allover design. Where I have 3-d elements, she quilted around them. Using yellow thread tied the quilt together so well that I decided to use yellow binding.
Tea in MO