Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Finished Scrappy Ocean Waves

I just finished sewing binding on my Scrappy Ocean Waves quilt. I started this quilt in the fall of 2008. I free-motion quilted feathers every here and there. Of course I couldn't take the time to mark them. Not perfect, but not bad for my first time, especially since I did not follow the process I should have by marking first. This is just a piece for my scrap lecture; doesn't have to be perfect. By the way, the blue is a quilt on wall that I pinned the ocean waves to so that I could take a photo - it's not part of this quilt.
Now I got to see what to do next. I was supposed to have a yellow and blue split 4-patch quilt for my brother made in May and that didn't happen. I went searching through my fabrics but can't find the perfect border for it. Maybe I'll go shopping for that and get that one completed. He is looking for his quilt to be finished any day now. You know how they think...it doesn't take too much time to make a quilt, right? Yeah, right!
Ohh, I forgot to share photo of the totes my quild made. We had some home dec samples donated by local store. We decided to make totes for Voices for Children. We collected 68 bags. Way to go!
Here are the three that I made; I had to place them upside down on my sofa so that they would not slide down.-------------------------- Type-u-later, Tea in MO http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.