Monday, March 14, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I found some time on Saturday to finish the top for my supervisor's retirement quilt.  I added a 2nd border in all black since she really prefers a black/gray quilt.  The smaller blocks are from the scraps and I used them to make corner blocks.  Now I have to determine what type of backing fabric I want to use.  I don't have anything suitable at home if I want it to match.  I'll see if I can find something on sale at local quilt shop before piecing from stash.

I made a few blocks this weekend.  The first block is from the pattern; 2nd block and three 3-part squares are scraps from making the 1st block.

 I had leftover "Valentine-type" strings from making a previous block.  I used them to make my favorite type of string block.  Now I have all the blocks ready for a quilt; just need to find a stripe fabric.  I seem to be addicted to stripes in my sashing for the moment.

 Sunday I got a little time to make the last three blocks for this scrap club project.  I even started working on some of the sashing pieces.  Hopefully I can get this top pieced by the end of the week.

That's it for me.  To see more design walls, visit Patchwork Times
--------------------------
Type-u-later,

http://www.teaquilts.com

9 comments:

  1. Oooh, lots of pretties on your design wall. The retirment quilt is beautiful. Love the bright colors in the Valentine blocks and scrap project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loads of fun stuff going on there. I have to say the black and white quilt is stunning. The touch of red is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of beautiful things going on in your quilting room! Love that valentine block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you have been very busy. I'm hopefully going to see about getting some fabrice for my stack and wack. Thanks for sharing all the queat quilting you have shown us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way that b/w with a touch of red quilt turned out. And the stars in the sashing in the last one are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The b/w quilt turned out beautiful even if reserved in color. Adding the red added elegance. Just shows how talented you are....making a truly terrific quilt with colors out of your normal range :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy, busy, busy! Love that supervisor quilt. It is wonderful!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three geat projects and each so different from the rest. You can't ever get bored with those to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy Cow you were busy. I love your favorite String block - that is a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.