Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.  I was busy throughout the entire holiday season.  I hosted Christmas dinner at my home so I had to clean and cook for the 25 or so guests prior to their arrival.  We had a fantastic time and I just hated for all the excitement to end.  I worked Tuesday through Friday and then spent New Year's eve at my niece's home and we line danced our way into the New Year.

For as quilting, I made a few more quilted wallets; that made the total of 33 wallets in less than a week.  I enjoyed making them and have a few in my stash for myself to use throughout the year.

In addition to the wallets, I made this quilt for my husband who watches television in his "man cave."  This should keep him plenty warm. This was a mystery quilt that's now for sell called Friends and Fellows.

I sewed the remainder of the drunkard's path blocks together from a previous project and then sewed them into this quilt top.  It's not very large so I will need more borders to get it to a decent size of lap or twin size quilt.  We'll have to see how this one plays out.

--------------------------
Type-u-later,

http://www.teaquilts.com

4 comments:

  1. Greetings Tea! So happy you and family had a great time. I'm always thinking about gaining a few extra pounds during the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year's time.... luckily that didn't happen this time. Love your "man cave" quilt. The colors are striking!
    Here's to a great 2012 of sewing, good health and plenty laughter and retreating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you and your family a very prosperous and happyness filled New Year

    Hugs
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Tea! Love your Drunkard's Path!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back! You've been missed! Now, maybe I'll get inspired to update my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.