Monday, January 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday

After showing my jean rag quilt a few times, I began to notice that I had seams coming apart.  I'm not sure if it's because I slightly lengthened the stitch length or if I had a spool of bad thread.  To make sure the entire quilt was in tact, I resewed all the rows.  It has now been washed once.  I'd like to wash it one more time to get the seams to fluff a bit more. 

Saturday we had the first meeting of the scrap quilting club and I posted about it in the previous post.  Here is the project we will be working on as our yearlong project.  It's called Flying In Squares by Melissa Corry and is a pattern on Moda Bake Shop.  Below are my two test blocks.  I also have a few segments of the first block.

--------------------------
Type-u-later,

http://www.teaquilts.com

4 comments:

  1. Hope the jean quilt behaves now - it sure looks cozy. Love all those scrappy parts. Looks like a nice ongoing project to work on with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, absolutely love that flying squares quilt. It has gone to the top of my scrap quilts I want to make list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your jean quilt! It's wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful your jeans quilt! i like it Frauke of North gemany

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.