Thursday, July 14, 2016

2016 Finishes - 8 of them - More to Come

Treasure Hunt was made for line dancing friends residing in Indianapolis for their wedding in May.  I made the center panel with some leftover flying geese from a previous quilt to make the stars.  Afterwards, I added a mix of borders to get the quilt to an appropriate size.  I had fun reminiscing over past projects as I used my scraps to make this quilt.

 BP Express:  Bowling Hall of Famer is a quilt I made for my husband who is listed in the national bowling hall of fame for his many accomplishments.  I quilted this quilt with a panto called Bowling Fun.  It was a challenge.  See the close up photo.  I also have a video review of this panto.


Gypsy Conversion (The Gypsy's Wife) is now completed!  I love the entire process and how colorful the quilt is.  Again, I adapted this quilt with my orphan blocks instead of piecing the blocks as indicated in the original pattern.  I have included some close up photos of  some of the quilting.




This Streak of Lightening quilt is a UFO top that I never got around to quilting.  Now that I have my own longarm quilting machine, I will be finishing a lot of the tops on my projects list.  This one was made the old fashion, time consuming way by adding HSTs to opposite sides of a square.

Asian influence was a great design to use some Asian charm packs in my collection.

Batiks Modified Bento Boxes used some of my scrappy batik fabrics.  I love the colors in this quilt.

One of the most underutilized quilting tools in the market is the X-Block Ruler.  This variation is Ribbon Star.  Instead of making 9-patches, I used 3 rectangles.

 Another X-Block quilt I call Animal Kingdom.  I love finding ways to use the pieces in the border that are trimmed when making the center blocks.

I have a few more finishes that need photos.  I fear I gave away some charity quilts that I forgot to photograph.  I'll have to look at all my media storage devices to be sure.

-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.