I have so many pots on the stove that I don't know which one to stir! I've been super busy. I did finish quilting my blocks on my practice quilt that I plan to make a book with, however, I haven't uploaded those photos. I have also been working on two challenge quilts that I can't share until May and June. I also started working on a Mizzou tigers quilt and planning for retreat projects. This in addition to teaching, lecturing, running the scrap quilting club (of which I need to upload March photos), being VP of the quilt guild, and teaching urban line dancing classes! I haven't mention meeting and classes that I attend or the slew of family events and cooking/cleaning around the home. I thought retirement meant I had more time; now, I'm trying to figure out how I allocated 50 hours per week to work!
I stopped working on my major projects to make a few memory items. I used t-shirts to make most of the items.
Two-sided 20" pillow (side 1)
Two-sided 20" pillow (side 2)
The pillow cases were made for standard size pillows but I folded them to crop. The other side is a continuation of the main fabrics on the back. I used french seams so no raw edges on the main sewing lines. However, using t-shirts in pillowcases caused for me to piece them into the panel as centered as possible. These seams are raw edge as I didn't have enough fabric required to do french seaming.
Then, while I was making pillowcases, I decided to make four more representing our local baseball team, the St. Louis Cardinals. I know someone who is going to love getting a couple of these.
As I was working on the above projects, my YouTube subscription list showed video instructions on how to make a headband. I just had to try it with the scraps. Unfortunately, it's a child size so it can't go to whom I intended. However, some lucky child will be sporting our team. Click here to view the video.