Monday, April 18, 2016

Memory Pillows, Pillowcases, and Headband

I have so many pots on the stove that I don't know which one to stir!  I've been super busy.  I did finish quilting  my blocks on my practice quilt that I plan to make a book with, however, I haven't uploaded those photos.  I have also been working on two challenge quilts that I can't share until May and June.  I also started working on a Mizzou tigers quilt and planning for retreat projects.  This in addition to teaching, lecturing, running the scrap quilting club (of which I need to upload March photos), being VP of the quilt guild, and  teaching urban line dancing classes!  I haven't mention meeting and classes that I attend or the slew of family events and cooking/cleaning around the home.  I thought retirement meant I had more time; now, I'm trying to figure out how I allocated 50 hours per week to work!

I stopped working on my major projects to make a few memory items.  I used t-shirts to make most of the items.

20" pillow

 Two-sided 20" pillow (side 1)

Two-sided 20" pillow (side 2)

14" pillow

The pillow cases were made for standard size pillows but I folded them to crop.  The other side is a continuation of the main fabrics on the back.  I used french seams so no raw edges on the main sewing lines.  However, using t-shirts in pillowcases caused for me to piece them into the panel as centered as possible.  These seams are raw edge as I didn't have enough fabric required to do french seaming.



Then, while I was making pillowcases, I decided to make four more representing our local baseball team, the St. Louis Cardinals.  I know someone who is going to love getting a couple of these.


As I was working on the above projects, my YouTube subscription list showed video instructions on how to make a headband.  I just had to try it with the scraps.  Unfortunately, it's a child size so it can't go to whom I intended.  However, some lucky child will be sporting our team.  Click here to view the video.



-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

2 comments:

  1. Tea, every time I read one of your blogs I am amazed at your energy level. I love to hear about all of your completed projects because I have trouble finishing things unless I have a deadline. I am the "Queen of Procrastination".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran! I do have a mass of WIP. You wouldn't believe the number. I love working on different things so I have to focus to finish them.

      Delete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.