Wednesday, May 8, 2013

WIP Update

I'm still working on my Chain Reaction blocks. I needed 30 more and here are 15 this way....

 And I started the other 15 this way.  I stopped when I cut 4 of them in the wrong direction.  I have very limited amount of the background fabric so I had to do some creative thinking to save the fabric.  I fixed the four I cut wrong and am working on the last 9 blocks.

I also made some more "signature blocks" for a charity quilt.  Here are some possible layouts for the blocks Where I will not have too many seams to match.  The first one has all the blocks facing the same direction; no matching needed for this one.

Making the blocks in quarters and flipping them one-quarter turn can do do things.  This first one has an "X" in the middle with "V's" going out.  Very interesting.  I will have to match seams that meet in the center of the quilt, but not every seam.

This setting, 1/4 turn create squares as you flip the quarters.  Again, I'll have to match the seams down the center of t he quilt.  I think this one is a winner. Now I need to make about 50 more blocks to create the quilt top.
Happy quilting everyone!
-------------------------- Type-u-later,


  1. Good save Tea! We quilters know how to work our way out of a situation with fabric.

  2. I'm glad you caught the error in the Chain Reaction blocks before it caused too many problems.


Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.