I had a lot going on in my family this week so to keep my sanity, I sewed any time I was at home to keep my mind off of serious matters. I did get a chance to layout all 64 blocks and label them for my Double Time Log Cabin but I did not get a chance to sew them together into a quilt top. Hopefully I'll do that this week.
Instead, I made a new quilt top based on a project I saw at retreat. All the fabrics I used I pulled from stash but I can't find anything at home to use for a border. I did a little shopping yesterday but didn't find anything yet.
I also started working on Mock Log Cabins blocks this week. For something I wasn't supposed to work on, I made 49 blocks. I took my containers of 1.5" cut strips and started cutting them to size. I'm having fun trying to achieve the light and dark sides of the logs while using a lot of color in the light sections. I only need 192 blocks to complete the quilt. LOL I think I'll do something else for a while, maybe...
To see more design walls, visit www.PatchworkTimes.com .