Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bamboo and Pinwheels

Here are the quilts I made for twin nephews. The blocks for each quilt is made at the same time in a 2-for-1 type pattern. Bamboo was the main pattern and Pinwheels is the results left when cutting the triangles for the Bamboo quilt.
I realized Sunday that I haven't made the demo quilt top for the vendor shop hop at our quilt show at the end of the month. So, I've been frantically making flying geese. The quilt is 89 x 109 but while making it, I decided to make mine into two quilts instead. So...I now have two more WIPs on my list. My justification for the size is that I have a lot of quilt tops to quilt and the larger ones are just too tiresome to quilt on my domestic sewing machine. A little craziness now for a saner disposition when it's time to quilt. Plus, I can use the 2nd quilt as a family quilt.
-------------------------- Type-u-later, Tea in MO http://www.teaquilts.com

1 comment:

  1. I MUST remember you quilt on a DSM - what kind do you use? I would love to hear more, as I also quilt on my Janome MC6500.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.