Saturday, January 31, 2009

Last Day of January - Progress for the Month

I'm a little frustrated as a flash drive I have most of my data files on has crashed. I thought I'd backed it up to my computer, but no such luck. The backup only made the file folders, no files. I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I'm in the process of retyping files that I just cannot do without and will have to recreate class handouts as the need arise. If anyone know of a process I can get my files off the flash would be greatly appreciated.
I have quilted Christmas Cookies with Janiacs this week for the UFO challenge. I just quilted in the ditch as I didn't want to mess it up with machine quilting. I'm having a hard time deciding quilting for the DJ blocks. I usually do an all-over style quilting and this just doesn't seem to work with this quilt top.Other projects:
Dear Jane - I need 9 more triangles and 1 kite to complete the quilt. The top, left, and right borders are sewn onto the quilt top. I thought the bottom row would be easy when I was scanning the book as I worked on the blocks, but I was wrong! Only the first triangle is easy. I'm plugging away, finishing 4 triangles and 1 kite today. Go to my DJ page on my website to see actual block chart.
Next UFO project is Batik Quilt I started a few years ago. Pieced the top right away and then let it sit for a long while. I quilted it last week but don't have the binding on yet.
This quilt top, All Together Now, has been waiting for quilting for a while as well. Maybe I'll finish this one too in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.