Saturday, November 9, 2013

Round Robin/Design Wall

Yeah!!!! I finished my last round robin.  This beautiful quilt belongs to Debra.  I added the churn dash/arrow border.  I think her quilt is a modern take on traditional quilt-making because of all of the white background.  The center is machine embroidery flower blocks so in my border I decided to use floral fabrics in the churn dash blocks (all different fabrics in each block) and added the arrows as spacers.  This quilt was fun but tedious to make because of all the pieces.  Debra received her quilt today.  Sadly, my quilt top wasn't finished on time so I can't show it in this post.

The other project I'm working on is my batik circles.  I used my bullseye nested dies from Accuquilt to cut all the circles.  It took me longer to prep and iron the fabrics.  They have stabilizer on the back.  I'm working on stitching them approximately 1/8 of an ince around the raw edges.  I didn't want to use the button hole stitch on these.

-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.