Monday, July 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday and Retreat Update

I've received a lot of verbal comments regarding my lack of blogging.  I didn't think anyone would miss me so I appreciate the prompts to post on my blog.  I did not post last month's scrap quilting club photos and I'll do that sometime this week (if I can find the pictures).

I want to give a gigantic shout out to the Sew Sweet Quilt Shop in Brunswick, Missouri.  This was there first annual (did you see the word ANNUAL) quilt retreat.  They featured Missouri instructors this year, including artists Tula Pink, Cindy Lammon, Lyna Dagley, Carl Hentsch, Jenny Doan, and myself.  Jessica and Jeanette definitely know how to throw a party.  If I were you, I'd mark my calendar to attend this event next year as it is money well spent.  It will be an annual event the 3rd weekend in July; no excuses - start planning to attend!  If you'd like more information, send me an email and I'll tell you all about it. I didn't take very many photos as I was too busy "oohing" and "aahing" and of course teaching class and presenting a lecture.  Here are a couple of photos from the workshop.  The first one is some of the students working on the exploding star quilt and the second is the finished product of a student in Tula Pink's class.

 In the last week I made this clothes line tote bag.  It has lining and pockets inside.  I really get a kick out of making something from trash.  I wrapped strings leftover from squaring up fabrics, wrapping it around the clothes line.  I wanted the handles to be made from clothes line too but after making them, it broke my machine when sewing the double layers - I WOULDN'T DO IT IF I WERE YOU - it cost me a trip to the sewing machine repair center! I love my tote and plan to make another.
 I'm also still working on the last Rouge Rive Log Cabin blocks; these are my remaining sections to be pieced.
 Last up, same photo as in last post, but I do have the top sewn.  I'm looking for those fabric pieces that I put in a "special place" so I wouldn't lose them; well, I can't find them and it's starting to bother me as I want this project completed.


-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

4 comments:

  1. Greetings "T".
    I, too, have not posted for awhile.... family illness and surgery but that's over and I'm back as well. Your "annual" retreat looks like fun was had by all. It's always great to get away and hang out with a group of talented folks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be summer, lots of people taking a vacation from blogging and that's just great. I will admit, I have missed your posts. Looks like a great retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all your projects. Hope you are able to post more frequently. The retreat sounds like a wonderful time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea,

    Good to see you at Flower Valley Guild last week. I am going to have to look up and see where Brunswick, MO is located. Thanks for the info on their retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.