Monday, December 10, 2012

Design Wall Monday 12/10/12

I've been putting my AccuQuilt GO! cutter to work so much that the handle locked on me today. I really, really miss using it already.  I need 1.5" strips and I don't (and haven't) cut them yet.  I plan to contact the company to see if it can be repaired.  I've had it about 3-4 years so it's definitely not a bad out of the box product.

I finished piecing my version of Woven Stripes from Moda Bake Shop. I decided to make 20 blocks instead of 48 so that the scrap quilting club could use one jelly roll instead of needing two.  I do wish I'd stayed with the white background as in the pattern.

I now have all 48 blocks made for my string quilt.  I now have 12 great blocks that need to be sewn together. I had so much fun with this project.

Then I decided to make a few test blocks of this brick quilt. I need to slide my bricks a lot less; need to make a few corrections, but I had fun making the blocks.

Last but not least, I pulled so Kaffe Fassett fabrics from my stash and cut them into diamonds.  I saved the chevron stripe fabric to use as the sashing and realized two yards would not be enough.  I then got online and found some more so I'm a happy quilter! It should be here this week. I have about 66 diamonds cut and need to play with layout so I can see how many rows I can make.

Thanks for visiting. To see more design walls, visit www.patchworktimes.com .
--------------------------
Type-u-later,

http://www.teaquilts.com

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tea. I like all your projects. I think the Woven Stripes quilt background looks great. I like the subtly of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All of your projects look great. I want to make Woven Stripes one day myself. I like the look of your test block a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the scrappiness going on here!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- you've got some stunning work up there! Love the string piece! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.