Saturday, December 15, 2012

American Dream

I've been asked about the American Dream quilt that I made as a block of the month in 2003/2004.  The patterns were not available for a while.  I was surfing the web this week in preparation for a lecture I had yesterday. I had this quilt in my lecture and wanted to see if I could find the pattern source. I found the maker quite by accident.  The name of the company on the patterns I purchased was Pickled Pieces. Well Jill has changed the name of her company and it is now Jillily Studio.  It's great I found out this information as I had a few attendees wanting the pattern.  If you are interested visit her site at:  http://www.jillilystudio.com .  I didn't see the pattern on the site.  However, I contacted Jill and she does have it available for sale; if you want it, drop her an email.

Here is the one I completed in 2004.

I like it so well that I made another when I taught the BOM at a local sew & vac.  This time I used black/grey for background.  Then I had a little fun with the star and log cabin blocks and added the two-state abbreviation in them.


-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.