Monday, January 3, 2011

Design Wall Monday

We are starting another year of design wall Mondays thanks to Judy of Patchwork Times.  I have been really busy this week with a lot of activities.  I used every spare minute at home sewing to get my tasks completed.  I made 3 blocks and I blogged about them here and here.  The last block is Judy's block that's included in 100 blocks volume 2.

I started my second quilt top with the blocks.  I need to add a teal 1" border, then a 6" floral border to this quilt center.

I also worked on a challenge quilt that will be revealed at a much later date.  I cut the pieces about two weeks ago.  Now, I'm using the pieces for chain piecing.  To view more design walls, visit Patchwork Times.
--------------------------
Type-u-later,
 
http://www.teaquilts.com

11 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great!! Way to go on keeping up with the block making! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors and beautiful piecing in both projects. I hope you post a picture of the second quilt once you get the borders on. I'd really like to see the teal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of the stripes for the sashing. I would never have thought of attemting that!
    glen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the stripe fabric. It is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tea, the sashing fabric really pulls your blocks together! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So impressive to have an almost finished quilt, it seems like just yesterday that the 100 blocks issue came out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks great, and it is so cool that you have a quilt out of these blocks already. The first setting that I want to use needs 24 squares, so it will be a while before I get to this point. I love the stripes, and the way all the fabrics play together so nicely, since they are from the same fabric line.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are looking great - it will be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have got a lot done. It all looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great loads of piecing work you're turning into beauties!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.