Monday, January 17, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I've worked on a few projects this week though my design wall will not reflect such.  My challenge project is needing one more seam to compete the quilt center.  Then I'll have to decide if I want a border or two added.  I'm working on a few steps to the project for the scrap quilting club but can't show that until Saturday after we meet.  I can show you a photo of the stack of quilts I made backings for this weekend.  I made backs for 4 quilts and pieced 1 batting for a larger quilt where warm and natural wasn't wide enough.  I then took that quilt to a friend's house to load on her long arm machine.  I plan to quilt it later today.

I have one of the 100 blocks completed but not the second.  The second one involves hand work and I'm only half done.  So, I'll be posting this week blocks in the next day or two.  I did finish one quilt, Hot and Cold, and it's my first finish for the year.  That's all I have to share this week; go to Patchwork Times to view more design walls.
--------------------------
Type-u-later,

http://www.teaquilts.com

6 comments:

  1. For some reason I procrastinate wen it comes to backings so I think you made a great deal of progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing my 2 least favorite jobs...piecing backs and battings...yuck!
    Good to get those jobs out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I can't wait to see the scrap club project! Backings--love them hate them! I think it's great that you have so many done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a very busy week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what this s going to be. That floral is such a fun fabric, such bright and happy colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it must feel good to have that task completed for so many quilts. Sometimes it's such a puzzle to figure out all the yardage and measurements!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.