Monday, October 22, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Move Alongs

I have a very productive week.  I started quilting the If the Hat Fits quilt. I could have finished it if I hadn't decided to change thread to match each fabric while quilting something different in each area.  I don't have a photo of it in progress but hopefully it will be done by Halloween; it will not be hung this year but at least it will be a finished project.

One of the exciting events in my weekend occurred when I attended the Missouri State Quilters Guild retreat for the first time. Click on the link for more details. I worked on a lot of WIPs that have while I was working on them I called them "move alongs".  First up is the snails trail quilt by Judy Martin with a little twist.  I've been working on it for a while but the setting triangles coloring is persnickety and I have to work on them row by row. This side I have pieced prior to retreat.
At retreat I completed setting triangles for three rows and one corner.  I now have this sewn together.  I must have miscalculated the pieces needed when cutting as I ran out of pieces at retreat and didn't have the extra fabrics with me.  Maybe one more retreat and this center can "move along".

I finished my spicy spiral table runner which was a class I took at retreat. This is for my mom.

And because I stayed focused in class, I finished my table runner in class and was able to work on my scrappy triangles. I have four of seven rows sewn into rows.

Back in the hotel room, I worked on another long ago project that I cut.  I realized as I was pulling out the pieces that I cut 32 pieces the wrong size.  Oh, what do I do?  I went back downstairs to the quilt vendors and purchase fat quarters so I could re-cut them "the correct way".  I have 13 of 32 blocks sewn; one more seams and the blocks will done.  I think I will make this into two quilts for family members.  The pattern is Wicked Easy Quilts.

Thanks for visiting. To see more design walls, go to www.patchworktimes.com.
--------------------------
Type-u-later,

http://www.teaquilts.com

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that pink and Lime green quilt!!!!! I love that pattern and I love bright colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha, I have used the wickedly easy quilt pattern and am ashamed to say I didn't have to buy any fabric and it is a huge quilt - I did it as quilt as you go so still didn't even buy any backing (must have a big stash hey!) love your colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a wonderful week you had. I love snail's trails quilts: have done one and really want to do another with some kind of twist. But that table runner is spectacular. Is this a pattern?

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.