Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks: Blocks 33 and 34

Today I'm posting this week's blocks.  At the end of the post is the schedule for the month of March.

Block 33 - Dot Goes to School
#147 on page 45
Jane Quinn Quilting in the Country
www.quiltinginthecountry.com
6 pieces

This block doesn't show Dot going to school at all.  I did want to try the crayon technique so I made the word "love" in the center.  I have decided to make a wall hanging and use this as the center as I don't know how washing a quilt with crayons will hold up over the years.
Block 34 - Hugs & Kisses
#139 on page 41
Linda Lum DeBono
www.lindalumdebono.com
20 pieces

A very straight forward block.  I decided to use the same fabric for the pink squares instead of  two.  I also used the main print for my yo-yo center instead of choosing another fabric.  Basically I'm starting to run out of "heart" theme scraps though I guess I could cut some from yardage.

I hope you enjoy this week's blocks and don't forget to visit the other participating blogs on my side bar.


March 2011 Block Schedule:

--------------------------
Type-u-later,

http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.