Friday, March 4, 2011

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks: Blocks 31 and 32

Yesterday I finished my blocks for the week but didn't get a chance to post them.  I feel really good that I got them done before Sunday!

Block 31 - Norse Bloom
#102 on page 22
Karen Comstock
Quiltricks
www.quilticks.com
23 pieces

For some reason my block did not align with the layout diagram after sewing down my stems.  It was my first time adding the stems with this method so it's definitely user error.  I enjoyed making the block and will definitely use this one in my Valentine quilt.
32 - Cute as a Button
#136 on page 39
Amanda Herring
The Quilted Fish
www.thequiltedfishpatterns.com
25 pieces

Truly a "cute" block and I enjoyed making it.  I could have worked on rounding my curves a little more, but I was in a hurry to get the blocks completed.  I added a drop of glue to the 3-D tips to keep them from flopping in the photo.  I'll add the buttons after its quilted.
Here is a sneak peak of a few things on my design wall.  This one will be a quilt for a male family member; haven't decided who yet.
I'm having the worst luck with supervisors lately.  One retired last August and someone in the department was promoted.  Now she's leaving at the end of April.  I started this quilt for her.  I haven't promised to have it finished by her last day, but I'll try.


--------------------------
 Type-u-later,
 
http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.