Thursday, July 14, 2016

2016 Finishes Challenge Quilts

I participated in two quilt challenges that I can now share the results.

The first was for my small guild of five members.  The challenge was to make a modern quilt with only two fabrics.  The fabrics could be multi-colored or solids.  Out of character, I chose to make a quilt with two solid fabrics.  I call this one Modern Hexies and I won 1st place in the challenge.  I also entered this quilt into my large quilting guild challenge which was to make a hexagon quilt.  It won first place in best longarm machine quilting category.

Honycomb Quads was my main entry into my large quilting guild challenge, make a quilt which feature the hexagon.  I made this quilt similar to the stack-n-whack setting but used strings instead of repeat fabric segments.  I also cut the hexagon into four rings and strip pieced my star points.  The quilt won two ribbons:  2nd place in bed-size category and 3rd place for best longarm machine quilting category.

-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.