Thursday, April 3, 2014

SQC March 2014 Show-n-Tell

March is national crafting month and included in that is national quilt day.  I was contacted by a lady who is moving to Alabama in June and is looking for an activity to utilize her time.  Her mom used to quilt a very long time ago and she wants to make a photo memory quilt.  I had her meet me at SQC and decided to start with the basics.  She was able to make 4-patches and HSTs and I showed various setting options with just those two shapes.  She is excited about quilting!  That's my big accomplishment this month, gaining another quilting enthusiast.

The completed project prize was won by Jennifer.  She won a Hoffman Fabrics batik charm squares.

The project show at the meeting are as follows:

Part of the problem of being the organizer is that I forget to have someone take photos of my projects.  Here is my January project, Zigzag.

I also made another one from a slightly different technique.  I love when each fabric row is a different fabric as opposed to the one that uses a background fabric for the alternating rows. Both techniques are stunning.

This is my February's project results.  I'll put it aside until I know who I'm giving it to; may need to make it larger.
 Deb's painted fabric panel; technique she learned in a recent class
Joan showed her batik project she made in another class.
 LeeEtta has been busy again.  These are antique blocks that belonged to her mother.
 Wow!  LeeEtta's squares quilt grew larger this month.

 Connie has her January project quilted and bound.  She's a good role model.
 In addition, Connie also has February's project completed.
 She still had some "free time" so she made this tumbler stain glass table runner.  It's so cute.
 Judy made a bird quilt inspired from a fat quarter.
Laura was quilting this charity fund raiser quilter for she children's school.
 Judi has her zigzag top completed.


-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.