Monday, November 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday Trapezoid Tote

Hello!  I'm a little burned out on making quilts right now so I started working on the Trapezoid Tote by Indygo Junction.  The pattern has two options: use one-piece for front and back or use strips and piece them.  I elected to make the totes using both methods.  There are a lot of pieces and 8 pages of detailed instructions.  This is a pattern I recommend you try.  What grabbed my attention was the shape.  What you may not be able to see is that the sides have gussets that expands as needed.  I have all of my pieces prepped to sew together. Bad news/good news.  No sewing on them today as I have a lecture I need  to prepare for later this evening.  I'm giving a lecture on machine embroidery in quiltmaking.

Also, I wanted to show you how I organize my patterns that has a lot or rather large templates.  After opening the pattern and making the templates to cut the pieces, I knew if would be a chore to get the pattern back into the original packet.  I made a copy of the pattern front and supplies page and tape that to the front of a large envelope.  That way I can see what's inside and know what supplies I need to make the project.

Happy Monday! To see more design walls, visit www.patchworktimes.com.
-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

1 comment:

  1. This looks very interesting. Can wait to see your totes!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.