Sunday, January 13, 2013

Scrap Quilting Club

Due to the quilt guild having retreat during our regularly scheduled date, the scrap quilting club met on Saturday.  We had a few new members and a lot of quilters return for their 4th year!  I can't believe we've been having the club since 2010.

This month the project is Simply Woven which isn't due until next month's meeting.  However, I had my top completed so I could have a sample.  I only required the group to make 20 blocks instead of 48 in the event they only had one jelly roll instead of the two that are required in the pattern.

This one is my quilt top with the minimum requirement of 20 blocks.

Connie, being the group's overachiever completed the quilt top with two jelly rolls and have it basted ready for quilting!

Carol has the completed modified top from 2012 yearlong project. Way to go Carol!

LeeEtta has the Rouge Rive Log Cabin quilt made from a UFO kit.  This quilt top has already aged... LOL

LeeEtta has been busy. She was working on Bonnie's Easy Street Mystery during the meeting.

Drew is working on the string triangles quilt. I love what she is doing with this one.

Norma shared her embroidered tote she made using the features on her new Bernina embroidery/sewing machine.

That's it this month, but come back in February for more simply woven quilts (when they are actually due). Until then, keep quilting!

-------------------------- Type-u-later, http://www.teaquilts.com

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts ladies! I love scrap club's show and tell. I hope to join next month. Peggy FVQG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Where in St. Louis do you have your meetings?

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please email me qbout scrap club privately with return email address. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.