Monday, May 9, 2011

Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks: Blocks 50, 51 and 52

I hope all you moms had a wonderful mother's day!  I sure did.  Spent the day with family, having a family meal and then I taught them a few line dances.  I didn't want the day to end.

In case you're wondering where I am online - I'm not there much.  My computer hard drive crashed and is in the shop for up to 30 days.  Funny, if I hadn't purchased a service contract when I purchased the computer, I could have had my computer back in 3-4 days top.  Because the hardware is bad, the machine gets shipped back to the manufacturer.  I've decided I'm never purchasing another service contract again.  I'll just spend the money to fix my equipment or purchase another one.  The one positive is that I've been backing up my computer files since my last crash two years ago so this time I have my files.  Just need my darn computer back...

Now, on the fun stuff! This week is my 26th week of making blocks so that means I need to have up to 52 blocks completed.  I'm really excited that I was able to make the journey so far.  I know some of you have gotten too busy to work on the blocks and I fully understand.  Come back when you get time.  I don't have time either, but since I started this "crazy" challenge, I feel compelled to complete it for as long as I'm able.  So without further ado, here are my blocks for last week.

Block 50 Scarlet Days
#176 on page 59
Kimberly Jolly
Fat Quarter Shop
www.fatquartershop.com
73 pieces

A fun block to make as you got to make half square triangles and flying geese.  I wonder what this block would like like with scraps; just don't have time to play around at the moment.

Block 51 Rosie's Posie
#101 on page 22
B+Cara Bonner
Quilt Nook Gal Designs
www.thequiltrnook.com
mine=22 pieces

I delayed working on this block because I was waiting for my yo-yo makers magically resurface from their hiding place.  I think I have them stored with a WIP, but which one is a mystery.  However, I had these yo-yo made from old calico prints at least five years ago.  I rearranged them, reducing the number needed since they were all the same size.  I also omitted the rick rack bow and the hand embroidery.  I just need to get the base blocks completed at this time.

Block 52 Merry Little Flower
#113 on page 28
by Kari Ramsay
Fresh Cut Quilts Pattern Co.
www.freshcutquilts.com
11 pieces

A very quick block to make, especially since I used fusible which is why it's reversed.  Again, the yo-yo was already in the batch I used for the previous block.

--------------------------
Type-u-later,
 
http://www.teaquilts.com

8 comments:

  1. And, you do know a new 100 blocks is coming out this week!! I'm looking forward to getting it. But, sorry, I'm not making all the blocks. I turn to the previous two when I want to make a single block. Usually to send to some one making a charity quilt or the like. Yours are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks. The Merry Little Flower is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Merry flower block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the Merry Little Flower block too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny that you made Cara Bonner's Block this week. I have her original, signed block that she sent to QM for the Magazine. It's at the top of my Design Wall Monday post. It is a cute block. Sorry about your computer and missing YoYo makers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blocks!! I'm with everyone else, the Merry Little Flower is just adorable (so are the others :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your computer. Computers need a better hospital. This long-term care for computers is not fun.

    Love your blocks and all your insights on the 100 block issue. Excellent.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I been busy all week and just now getting around to checking my favorite blogs. Your blocks are great. You are really pumping them out!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.