Monday, June 14, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Another design wall Monday is here.  I've been having very busy weeks not only with quilting but also with exercising and family events.  First up is that I got the rows sewed on the Memorial Day quilt in progress.  I decided to add another fabric for the first border (even though I had already cut the strips) and never got around to cutting the new fabric.

The reason the above quilt top was not completed was because Friday evening I decided to make siggy blocks for my step daughter's upcoming wedding in July.  The shower was Saturday so I decided to start making the blocks to get the bridal party signatures out of the way as most of them will be busy with wedding activities.  Here are some of the blocks.  I still need to make about 100 or so more to have enough for everyone to sign their name and relationship to the bride or groom.  This will be a lap quilt and as they use it they can sort out the various relatives and friends that's difficult to do when families merge.

My final photo this week is of the Quilted Fox BOM.  We have 2 more to go...

That's it for me.  To see more design wall, hop over here.
--------------------------
Type-u-later,
Tea in MO
http://www.teaquilts.com

8 comments:

  1. Tea, love the blues you're using for the siggy blocks. What a wonderful gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Memorial Day quilt - What can I say - Just Gorgeous! As are the block and the signature quilt. All well done!

    Have a super great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! I am sure the newly married couple will enjoy that quilt later especially when they have children and have to explain who is who.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You whipped up that memorial day quilt so quickly...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Memorial Day quilt has come together so quickly. I hope the borders work out OK, Judy does love her pieced borders, doesn't she? The siggie quilt is not only beautiful, but will will be a wonderful remembrance of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tea! Looks like you've been busy. Love the first quilt. And I really love the signature blocks.....there are so many possibilities when putting one together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty, all of them. I love the BOM,too. Your week sounds like mine, exercise, family, work, graduation parties, so much fun. But not so much for sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea that you have for the wedding quilt. So will you be getting the extra 100 guest siggy done at the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.