Sunday, August 9, 2009

Block Swap Round Up

've been having a wonderful time! I had a week of vacation from the job but stayed at home; just needed a break from the office. I'll start with the ugly part. I spent a day and a half cleaning the bedroom and going through all my printed from the Internet patterns, local quilt shops BOMs, and embroidery files instructions - you know all the stuff I just couldn't live without. I threw out a lot of paper and organized what I kept. Then came the boring part. I made backs for 23 quilt tops. Some were made with quilt backings and others were pieced from scraps left over from previous quilt backs. So far, I have 6 more quilt tops that need backs made. I'm sure that will change when I go through my WIPs. This was a two-day job that just needed doing. The best part of the week was that I used my friend's long arm machine to quilt three quilts. I quilted Chocolate Berries (sorry, no photo yet) and Reconciliation which now needs the binding added. Here is a photo of part of the Reconciliation quilt with my daughter standing on a portion of it...oops! I laid it out so I could determine the binding fabric. This quilt is asking for blue binding so I'll start looking through the stash after I cook dinner. I added the binding to this one, Block Swap Round Up, after quilting it on my friend's long arm. I taught a sampler class and used this setting. Isn't it great!
Oh, and the other amazing part of my week was purchasing a new laptop. This one is only from my quilting/embroidery information - not work related and don't have to share computer time with my husband. I'm having fun loading all my software. So far I've only found 2 programs that don't like Vista. I can work around both of them but for one program it's not worth the headache. It'll take me a few more weeks to get it in top shape.
I had a wonderful time off work and am dreading the work that has piled up in my absence. I did check my e-mail during last week to reduce the amount I'd have to sort through on Monday. However, I'm happy I have a job to return to as my husband is still laid off and it's difficult to find employment with so many people in the workforce.
-------------------------- Type-u-later, Tea in MO http://www.teaquilts.com

2 comments:

  1. I really like the reconciliation quilt - I do like pinwheels and this one looks good. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I commented here yesterday, but must not have hit the "post" button! Love the reconciliation quilt. And I'm excited thinking you may be doing a workshop for my guild in the coming year! Yeah!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.