Friday, July 31, 2009

WIP Update

I'm updating this post as I just posted pictures previously. The following quilt is the Covered Bridge wall hanging I mentioned in my previous post. I started in July 18 and completed it July 29. Its 26.5 x 22.5. Again, the designs are by Anita Goodesign. I used a gold cord to cover the patchwork seams joining the blocks. I used a widely space zigzag to attach to the top. Then, during quilting, I i zigzag over it again to hold to backing. I did some strategic quilting in the squares to keep them from puffing too much. In the border, I used my embroidery machine to quilt in a leaf design that I rotated here and there. I'm always asked, "how long did it take to sew the blocks?" Well, this time, I time the machine embroidery and it took 24 hours just stitching the blocks. This does not include ironing, cutting, and hooping time. In addition, it took 8 prewound bobbins where the thread is thinner and thus holds more thread on the bobbin.
The following Fall Scene is designed by Dakota Collectibles. I did not time this quilt. I started it on July 24 and finished July 30. It is 15.75" square. While not as complicated as the quilt above, it is a nice addition to my fall decorating.

-------------------------- Type-u-later, Tea in MO http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.