Sunday, May 31, 2009

Wrapping up for the month...

My two year tenure as president of Flower Valley Quilting Guild will end at our July meeting. I made cell phone cases for the members who volunteered this past year. Some of them worked on two or more committees and they will also receive a lace bookmark. I need about 30 cell phone cases and 5 bookmarks. I figure while I'm making them for guild members, I may as well make them as gifts to co-workers and family for Christmas presents. I made 60 cell phone cases and 10 bookmarks. NOTE: I couldn't get all 60 cell phone case in one photo. Here is the Turning Twenty Again quilt completed. It took a while but I got the binding added (all by machine) so this one is officially off my UFO list. I will probably give it as a wedding gift to my step-daughter next year...unless some other wonder idea pops in my head. By the way, I'll add a better photo on my website (http://teaquilts.com/) as I couldn't get a good photo. This quilt fits a queen or king size bed.
This month I quilted my 2nd challenge quilt for this year. I pieced the top last year but didn't get around to quilting it. It's horrible how we set something that we love aside and don't return to it in a timely fashion. Sometimes challenges are a great idea to move some of those WIPs. I just can't stay focused on any one quilt from start to completion. I can't show you a photo until June 19th. The theme is simply "Flower Valley Blooms." No size requirements and makers can interpret the theme as they please. I now need to make the binding and then sew it onto the quilt.
Another project I completed was this Ruler Holder I found in one of the Fon's & Porter Magazine (not the main one but a side publication.) It is very handy. I have it hanging on the wall behind my door to my sewing studio so it's not taking up valuable wall space. I only need to see it when I need to pull something out of it. I hope your month was as productive as mine.
-------------------------- Type-u-later, Tea in MO http://www.teaquilts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are valuable to me so let me know what you think.